Another Reason to Praise the Lord

I try to find a reason to praise the Lord for every event in my life…good and bad.  Today I faced a really bad one…going in for one of those medical tests where they send you through a tube to take a picture of your innards.

In case you’ve escaped these modern torture chambers, let me explain.  Before you go in, you have to drink two big bottles of this chalky semi-liquid stuff.  If you’re able to keep at least half of it down and don’t drop dead, you go in, bringing your signed affidavit that you understand the 500 or so side effects that can happen.

But don’t worry.  The chances of anything happening is like winning the lottery, but in case you’re lucky, you can’t sue them because they’ve warned you.

In only about 5% of the time do these tests show something, ranging from something that can be easily treated to something that can’t be treated at all.  The other 95% shows nothing.  But don’t worry…they have another even more brutal test you can take.

So I praise God for these medical tests, and for all the doctors, nurses, and technicians who battle disease and suffering with all they have.

I praise God for a husband who’s always kept me in sickness and in health.  I praise God for a family who carries me through these times, and sometimes that’s a hard job.

I praise God for a Church family who prays for me.

I especially praise the Lord for His promise to be with me no matter what the outcome.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Blog at

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: